Billy Bunny's Animal Songs was released direct-to-video on May 21, 1993. It was the first of the titles in the Muppet Sing-Alongs series.
Kevin Clash played the starring role of Billy Bunny, who sings his way through the forest as he runs across a swamp full of frogs, a cave full of rapping bears and a singing porcupine (and even an appearance by one of the ever-present Muppet penguins). Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Fran Brillperformed various animals of the forest, and Carmen Osbahris credited in one of her first productions with the Muppets.
This special was notable at the time for being the first video release featuring Steve Whitmire performing Kermit. (The Muppet Christmas Carol was released on video later in the year.) It was also the first production filmed after Jim Henson's death in 1990 and was immediately followed by production on The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. This was also one of the last projects Muppeteer Richard Hunt participated in. The video was released over a year after Hunt's passing.
Song List Edit
- We Are Different
- Bear Rap
- The Termite Chew
- I Have A Secret
- Please Don't Bump into Me
- Frog Talk
- Swim Away, Horray!
- Hoppity-Boppity (reprise)
- Muppet Performers: Kevin Clash, Fran Brill, Richard Hunt, Rick Lyon, Jim Martin, Joe Mazzarino, Kathryn Mullen, Jerry Nelson, Carmen Osbahr, David Rudman, Steve Whitmire
- Director: David Gumpel
- Writers: Bill Prady, Jim Lewis
- Producers: Alex Rockwell, Ritamarie Peruggi
- Words and Music: Dave Kinnoin
- Music Produced by: Dave Kinnoin, Jimmy Hammer
- Theme Song: Mark Radice
- Vocal Coach: Dave Conner
- Puppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Muppet Workshop: Rollin Krewson, Fred Buchholz
- Executive Producer: Brian Henson